The Problem with healthcare
The main drivers of healthcare reform can be separated into 3 different perspectives;
- The Governments major NHS reforms are radically changing the NHS. For example ending the National IT projects and insisting on much more local commissioning and decision-making.
- Government targets for the NHS to make £20 billion in efficiency savings per annum and for these to be re-invested in front line services.
- The need to improve quality, outcomes and compliance.
- More efforts to provide more health services in the community.
- Need for joined up services and information.
- Growth in the use of smart devices, such as iPads and smartphones by staff and customers.